These rules are part of Scoil Pól's Code of Behaviour which is based on RESPECT for self, for others and for the environment. Each pupil is expected to behave in a responsible manner helping to create a happy and safe place where learning and growth flourish.
- The complete school uniform is to be worn when pupils are in school, representing the school and coming to and from school.
- Students are allowed to have 1 pair of stud earrings in the lobe of the ear ONLY. Face and body piercings are not allowed. Hair styles must be suitable for a school environment and no un-natural hair colouring will be allowed.
- All students are expected to arrive punctually for school and classes. School starts at 8.55am. Students arriving late to school must sign in at reception prior to going to class. Two or more late stamps will result in lunch time detention.
- In the event of absence, parents/guardians are to complete an explanation for absence for in the back of the student's journal. Where students are absent in order to attend medical appointments, a certificate/note must be presented on return to the school.
- A locker is available to each pupil and should be kept locked. These lockers must be kept clean and tidy at all time. Pupils are allowed to access their lockers at official break times only.
- Smoking and the consumption of alcohol and illegal substances are strictly forbidden within the school grounds, while representing the school and while wearing the uniform travelling to and from the school.
- Students are NOT allowed to leave the school grounds without written permission from parents/guardians, and must be collected at the school office by an adult prior to leaving the school.
- The use of students' mobile phones is strictly forbidden during the school day. Mobile phones will be confiscated from the students where necessary. Should a student be ill or need to contact home, the call will be made by the school administration.
- The Pupil Medical Report Form is to be completed in respect of each pupil prior to the commencement of the school year.
Each pupil receives a copy of the full Code of Behaviour, including sanctions, on admission to the school.