School Improvement Plan
Our School Improvment Plan
Summary of main strengths as identified in last SSE in (specify date):
- High teacher and student academic expectations.
- Excellent teaching standards.
- Caring and supportive school environment.
Summary of main areas requiring improvement as identified in last SSE:
- Assessment for learning.
- Imbedding numeracy.
- Improvement targets (related to students’ achievement).
- Increase in students taking Higher level subjects in Junior and Leaving Certificate exams.
- Continued improvement re attendance rates.
- Continued improvements in student literacy abilities.
- Differentiating for high achievers.
Required actions (Related to Teaching and Learning that will help to achieve the targets):
- Greater retention of borderline students in subjects levels.
- Teacher focus on differentiation for high achievers reflected in SD Planning.
- Positive encouragement to students and parents re attendance.
- Development of student study and homework skills, promotion of use of library, continuation of focus on key words and word definitions.
- Continuation of focus on cross curricular numeracy.
Timeframe for action:
Academic year 2016 – 2017.
Success criteria/measurable outcomes:
- Attendance statistics.
- Evaluation of student statistics re subject levels opted for in exams.
- Improvement in literacy skills in answering and presenting of work across all subjects. Increase in quality of individual work, projects and grades.
- Use of AFL statistics.